To start your search, locate dermatologists near to you, either online, in the phone book or by asking a friend or neighbor.
Create a list of doctors that you would like to consult with as well as a list of questions to ask him or her. On this list you may include such questions:
- How long have you been in practice?
- Where did you receive your education and training?
- Do you have any sub specialties?
- Are you board certified in any other medical field?
- How many times have you performed the procedure that I am interested in?
- Will you be performing the procedure or will it be a nurse or aesthetician?
- What kind of insurance do you accept?
- What are your office hours?
Finally, during your meeting, note how you feel in the doctor’s presence. Does he listen to your concerns? Does she present various options? Do you think that you will be able to work with this person to address your needs? Your decision will ultimately be based on a number of factors including your specific health concerns and what issues are most important to you.